Managing Your Medications
Golden Isles Patient Advocates will help you find greater wellbeing, clarity and peace of mind as you move through the complex and overburdened healthcare system. We will work with you and your doctor to help you understand your diagnosis and your doctor’s plan of care.
YOU are our focus! We will take all the time you need to ensure you understand why and how to take the medications you are prescribed.
We will help you, your family, and all your caregiver team understand your treatment plan, and how the prescribed medications work to help resolve or manage your medical problem so that we can all help support you better. It’s hard to remember all of your medications. Harder remembering when to take it. Hardest of all, understanding how they all interact with other medications, food, supplements and even what you drink!
Our Personal Patient Advocates can help by:
- Gathering a master list of all the medications you are taking, the dose, who prescribed and why the medication is taken.
- Update the master list so it is always current for use at the physician office and facilities.
- Maintain a list of medication allergies with detailed reactions.
- Check to see if there are any contraindications to the combination of medications and with any supplements, vitamins, food or drink.
- Organize the medications into dosing containers with easy open and clear instructions.
- Help set alarms to remember when to take the medications.
- Locking Pain medication to avoid theft.
- Help you follow the pain medication agreements outlined when receiving narcotic medications.
- Check up on you to ensure the medications are being taken at the correct time/dose.
- Call the physician office with any adverse reactions to new medications.
- Watch out for you during the time when certain medications are being discontinued.
- Accompany you to the pharmacy to ask more specific medical questions regarding the prescription.
- Pick up and deliver your medications.
- Help you choose the most cost-effective method for obtaining the medications.
- Obtain approvals for medications your insurance company may not pay for.
- Guide you regarding the formulary of your insurance plan.
- Help you choose an alternate Medicare Part D plan when needed based on price and formulary.
- Ensure you aren’t penalized for not selecting a drug plan in a timely fashion.
- Research alternatives to name brands to save money.
- We can also arrange any special medical equipment or supplies needs you may have.
This information is not intended in any way meant to treat, prescribe, or diagnosis any medical or emotional condition. The information on this web site or in any distributed e-mail does not in any way eliminate, substitute, or replace the advice and treatments prescribed by a qualified health care provider of medical or psychiatric care. The information / content on this web site or in any distributed e-mail is not intended to diagnosis, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. You should not use this information to diagnosis or treat any health problems, disease, or illness without consulting your own physician or other qualified healthcare professional. Please be advised that you must consult your physician immediately about any medical or psychological concerns or issues. Any links to this web site are provided solely as a customer service and convenience to you. We are not responsible for the content of any third party web site linked to or from this site. We are in no way responsible for reviewing, examining, or evaluating their offerings, content, or information. The use of any third party links, websites, and/or off-website pages is at your own risk. You agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, that we will not be responsible or liable under any circumstances, for any interruption in business, system failures, malfunctions, or connectivity issues, computer viruses, corruption, destruction, or access disruptions in connection with the use of this site or while linking to or from any third party site, as well as any inaccuracies or omissions in content, or any events that are beyond our control. You agree and understand that it is your responsibility to consult with a qualified health care provider regarding any and all information or content found within this web site or any distributed e-mail prior to the use of said information and content.